7mm MMP LMS 13 ton Mineral Wagon

farnetti

Western Thunderer
View attachment 32415 Final picture post before holiday. Sprayed body in grey undercoat this morning get a better feel for how it would look. I think some of the external bolt ends need trimming, I'm not worried about the interior.

Any comments or observations please, feel free to be harsh, I won't be offended.DSCN0801.JPGDSCN0802.JPGDSCN0803.JPG

farnetti

Western Thunderer
DSCN0812.JPGDSCN0814.JPGDSCN0815.JPG Back from walking the Cotswold way which I can thoroughly recommend to any walkers out there.

Returning to the chassis I have now fitted the buffers, coupling hooks and re-inforcement plates. 2 W-irons have been fitted (bit too much solder) and one of them needs tweaking. The W-irons are two layers of etch both needing a small 45 degree joggle introduced. I used a scrawker to open out the half etched lines a bit, a hold and fold and still made a bit of a hash of it. You can also see one of the bearings folded up ready for the cast axlebox.

farnetti

Western Thunderer
Third w-iron added and underframe fitted temporarily against body. Remaining bits and bobs shown with axle boxes fitted to bearings.

Off topic but at the end of our Cotswold Way walk went to see (for my first time) our friends uncle, 80 years old, who without any reference to web sites clubs etc is building an O scale model of the halt near where lives. It is a station with a loop and a small siding at one end of the loop. Set in 1935 and with allotments around the back of the station I was very impressed even though it was work in progress.

Uncle J then showed me the small train running with sound, he had never heard of DCC, just put a small white noise generator in the coach linked to couple of magnets on the loco.

Next he showed me how the points at the end the loop were controlled. Would you believe when the points were thrown the levers in the signal box moved accordingly? And the clock showed the correct time.

Moved on to the weighbridge, I guessed what was coming. Press down on the weighbridge load plate and the dial inside swivels.

Suitably humbled back to the piccies.DSCN0816.JPGDSCN0817.JPGDSCN0819.JPG

iak63

Western Thunderer
Very, very tasty work mon. :cool:
I really must "dip the toe" so to speak with this sort of thing.

OzzyO

Western Thunderer
If I could just say one thing, would you please add your photos as full size rather than adding them as thumbnails it makes the messages so much easer to read.

OzzyO.

PS. a nice looking build.

farnetti

Western Thunderer
Your Uncle sounds impressive. - It's our friends uncle, considering his age and he doesn't look at MR magazines, websites etc. he's done it and worked it out all by himself from local knowledge and a few photos from a Jim Russell book. I thought it was fantastic.

John, OzzyO, alcazar, iak63,

Thanks for the comments, always pleasing to get positive comments after hours of fiddling around with minscule bits that get lost on the floor (most of the time is spent looking for them rather than making them). Making the tiny axlebox bearing stops at moment, about 7mm long with 5 folds in each of them. Dropped 2 but found them again.

Will fit solebar components tomorrow and post photos again.

Sorry about the photo qualities, maybe I need to get a decent camera. Wifey bought me the MMP 08 shunter for my birthday last month so will probably have to wait until next Xmas (by which time I will find another kit I can't live without)

daifly

Western Thunderer
Absolutely nothing wrong with the photos - apart from their size! I would echo OzzyO's request that you post them at full size rather than as thumbnails.

Cheers

Dave

OzzyO

Western Thunderer
I'm not sure if I can do this but what the heck I'll try,
Thumbnail
100 018.jpg

Full image100 018.jpg

The full image does make it a better, this is the same photo. It's just that one has been added to the thread using thumbnails top and the bottom one added using full image. If you want to just add all of your photos at the end of your dialogue all you have to do is click on insert every image as, thumbnail, or as Full image,

Please use full image so that it help all of us to see your work better.

ATB

OzzyO.

OzzyO.

farnetti

Western Thunderer
O.K. i'll for the full size photos in the next post.

Also how do I cut and paste text so it appears in the blue and pink box when replying to posts?

I forgot to mention the house on Karen's uncles' railway. It has fully fitted kitchen and bathroom, carpets, curtains, furniture and lighting. If I ever go back there I'll try and take some photos.

Ken

Heather Kay

Western Thunderer
Also how do I cut and paste text so it appears in the blue and pink box when replying to posts?

Hi Ken! Under each post in a thread, over on the right hand side, you'll see "Reply". Click that, and the entire post is copied into the text field where you type your own posts. You'll see some code in [ square brackets ]. This deals with the formatting, so try not to lose it, especially the last bit which says [ /quote ].

What I do is edit the quoted text to just the bit relevant to my reply, like I did with your question. Just be careful not to lose the formatting tags!

Hope that helps.

alcazar

If you keep losing bits, try an apron with the front pegged to your workbench, like jewellers do.

Just DO remember to unpeg it BEFORE you move away....or you will be picking up LOTS of bits.;)

farnetti

Western Thunderer
Hi Ken! Under each post in a thread, over on the right hand side, you'll see "Reply". Click that, and the entire post is copied into the text field where you type your own posts. You'll see some code in [ square brackets ]. This deals with the formatting, so try not to lose it, especially the last bit which says [ /quote ].

What I do is edit the quoted text to just the bit relevant to my reply, like I did with your question. Just be careful not to lose the formatting tags!

Hope that helps.

farnetti

Western Thunderer
Thank you Heather, it worked but obviously hit a button too soon as you can see.

Ken

If you keep losing bits, try an apron with the front pegged to your workbench, like jewellers do.

Just DO remember to unpeg it BEFORE you move away....or you will be picking up LOTS of bits.;)

I had thought of this as a friend of mine makes silver jewelry and she has one of these aprons but often bits fly off sideways, I might try it though.

Ken